You’ll be able to ask children from the provinces what a buchi is and they’ll all inform you it’s a scrumptious snack. It is one in all my favorites after I was nonetheless a schoolgirl and I find it irresistible till now. As a mother, I put together it at dwelling typically for my household to take pleasure in this scrumptious and chewy merienda (Tagalog phrase for snack). You can even serve it as a dessert however most Filipinos take it throughout snacktime.
It is extremely simple to organize and anybody who has tried frying can do it. I used to assume that it’s arduous to get it excellent. However after I tried it (utilizing my aunt’s recipe), it was precisely how I wished it to be. Simply the identical because the buchi that I purchased from the varsity canteen after I was nonetheless somewhat woman.
- 1 cup rice (soaked in a single day and floor, then wrapped in cheesecloth and hung to drip)
- 1/2 cup mongo
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup water
- Boil the mongo and mash after cooking. Dissolve 1/3 cup sugar in 1/8 cup water. Add to mashed mongo and prepare dinner over average warmth till dry. Cook dinner then kind into balls.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons of sugar in 2 teaspoons water.
- As quickly as the bottom rice is dry, add the sugar resolution and mash the combination. Form into small balls and flatten every small ball of rice dough within the palm. Skinny out and wrap over one ball of mongo.
- Fry in deep scorching fats till brown. Drain extra oil earlier than serving.